Good morning fellow Christian educators,
Applications are now open for ACSI's one-month training program in Abuja. If you know of young teacher candidates who would benefit from such training, please pass on this message!
Advert is pasted below, and attached as a PDF.
TEACHERS TRANSFORMING NIGERIA 2017
The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) presents its annual, one month teacher training and support programme for people passionate about impacting education in Nigeria from a Christian perspective.
The programme seeks to explore strategies to fill the gap between formal teacher education and the needs of schools to have professional Christian educators.
Major areas to be covered include;
- Pedagogy – classroom management, differentiation, lesson delivery
- 21st century teaching skills
- Teacher professionalism
- Christian distinctiveness in education
- Reflective practice through classroom observation
- Passion to be an education change agent
- Interest in implementing education from a Christian perspective
- An Education degree (B.Ed. or PGDE)
- Completion of NYSC
- 35 years old and below
- No prior teaching experience is required
- Basic ICT skills
The programme comes at no cost but candidates will be required to cater for their accommodation, transportation and feeding during the period.
- To become a change agent in education
- To learn international best practice in teaching and learning
- A spring board for lifelong learning
- To develop an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Increased marketability in job search
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 10, 2017
DATE OF TRAINING: May 2rd to 31st, 2017
TRAINING LOCATION: Wuse 2, Abuja and teaching practice in selected schools.
HOW TO APPLY: Go to www.kazahchat.org/teachers-transforming-nigeria-2017  to apply.
Selected candidates will be contacted and will undergo a test and interview process.
Programme Manager: KAZAHCHAT SERVICES LIMITED
 Download PDF