Good morning fellow Christian educators,
Applications are now open for ACSI's one-month training program in Abuja. If you know of young teacher candidates who would benefit from such training, please pass on this message!
Advert is pasted below, and attached as a PDF.
TEACHERS TRANSFORMING NIGERIA 2017
The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) presents its annual, one month teacher training and support programme for people passionate about impacting education in Nigeria from a Christian perspective.
The programme seeks to explore strategies to fill the gap between formal teacher education and the needs of schools to have professional Christian educators.
Major areas to be covered include;
- Pedagogy – classroom management, differentiation, lesson delivery
- 21st century teaching skills
- Teacher professionalism
- Christian distinctiveness in education
- Reflective practice through classroom observation
- Passion to be an education change agent
- Interest in implementing education from a Christian perspective
- An Education degree (B.Ed. or PGDE)
- Completion of NYSC
- 35 years old and below
- No prior teaching experience is required
- Basic ICT skills
The programme comes at no cost but candidates will be required to cater for their accommodation, transportation and feeding during the period.
- To become a change agent in education
- To learn international best practice in teaching and learning
- A spring board for lifelong learning
- To develop an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Increased marketability in job search
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 10, 2017
DATE OF TRAINING: May 2rd to 31st, 2017
TRAINING LOCATION: Wuse 2, Abuja and teaching practice in selected schools.
HOW TO APPLY: Go to www.kazahchat.org/teachers-transforming-nigeria-2017  to apply.
Selected candidates will be contacted and will undergo a test and interview process.
Programme Manager: KAZAHCHAT SERVICES LIMITED
 Download PDF
Calvary Greetings to you in the name of our Lord.
We are pleased to announce that Christians in Higher Education Summit will hold soon and that you are a key part of that movement. The Lord is counting on you.
The theme for this year's CHESUMMIT is "FOR WE ARE AMBASSADORS OF THE KINGDOM." Please see the images below for more information. Further details will be supplied through this medium in the coming days and weeks.
Please mark the dates (Nov 16 - 18) in your diary and keep a date with the Lord in this summit that is aimed at bringing a revival to our tertiary institutions.
Peace and Blessing
This is to invite you to the Kingdom School Institute (KSI), a distinct training programme which targets school administrators and strategic management team members of Christian schools across Nigeria.
Kingdom School Institute is an initiative of ACSI Nigeria in partnership with Prestonwood Christian Academy, Dallas, USA and its focus is to equip you and your team towards the upliftment of your entire school.
Please see the attached for further information about Kingdom School Institute.
Sending your team for the programme is a decision you will never regret. My prayer is that God will enlarge your school as we build a Godly generation through Christian Education.
Adunola Akinyemiju (Mrs)
Director, ACSI West Africa (Anglophone)
- ACSI TRAIN THE TRAINER: South Africa, Aug. 2015
- ACSI Nigeria Membership Database
- 2016 ACSI Nigeria National Leadership Conferences
- KINGDOM EDUCATION LIBRARY
- Teachers Transforming Nigeria
- 2016 National Leadership Conference
- Christian School Leadership Workshop
- Parenting Seminar: Taking Responsibility For Parenting
- SUMMIT FOR CHRISTIAN ACADEMICS & CAMPUS FELLOWSHIPS IN NIGERIA
- ACSI West Africa Round Table 2014